The Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon returns on Sunday 3rd October 2021, where 50,000 runners will have the chance to run the race their way, whilst being part of the biggest marathon ever staged anywhere in the world.
The virtual event was held for the first time in 2020, when more than 37,000 runners, from all corners of the world, completed the race. The final finishing total of 37,966 means it has been awarded an official Guinness World Records title for the ‘Most users to run a remote marathon in 24 hours’.
This year promises to be bigger and better than before, and Cancer Research Wales is delighted to be offering the opportunity to take on the race, your way! All finishers will receive their running numbers before the event and their coveted official finisher medal and t-shirt post event. Wherever you are in the World, you’ll have a full 24 hours to complete your 26.2 miles, so don’t miss out!
Cancer Research Wales is looking for supporters to take on this challenge, whilst pledging to raise a minimum of £100 or more in sponsorship. Our fundraising team will be here to support you every step of the way, providing you with a variety of fundraising materials and ideas to help you achieve your target. Your race entry will also include:
- Bespoke fundraising pack, to include a fundraising hints and tips, branded sponsor forms and Just Giving advice.
- Dedicated point of contact to support you through the entire process.
- Regular event updates.
- Information on Cancer Research Wales and our latest research projects.
- Cancer Research Wales running vest or t-shirt (when 50% of fundraising target has been achieved).
- An opportunity to create a better future for cancer patients in Wales, and their families.
If you would like to take on the 2021 Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon on behalf of Cancer Research Wales, please fill out the enquiry form below, and a member of the fundraising team will be in touch to provide you with more information.