Ever fancied jumping out of a plane? Now is your chance to do it, all whilst helping to improve the outcome of cancer patients in Wales.
Not only will you free-fall from 12,000ft at 120mph, but you’ll be supporting our ground-breaking research projects which are some of the most innovative in the world.
Registration Deposit: £70.00 per person.
Minimum Sponsorship: £395.00 per person.
For this event, we ask participants to raise a minimum of £395 in sponsorship. Shortly after registering you will be issued with a fundraising pack and given a direct contact at the charity who will support you through every step of this exciting journey. The funds raised will help us in our quest to create a brighter future for those affected by cancer here in Wales.
When can I do it?
You can book any date that suits you (subject to availability), and are more than welcome to book as a group.
We are also looking for supporters to join #TeamCRW on our ‘dedicated day’. This will take place on Sunday 24th April 2022.
What’s it like?
Imagine standing at the edge of an open doorway in an aircraft flying at 12,000 feet – the noise of the engines and the wind ringing in your ears with only the outline of distant fields below. Now imagine leaning forward out of that doorway and letting go – falling forward into the clouds, diving down through the air as you start free-falling at over 120mph! Then imagine the peace and quiet as the canopy opens, the steering toggles come down either side of you and you begin a tranquil parachute descent from a mile up in the air, steering yourself back down to the centre of the drop zone below. Stop imagining, it’s happening and you can be a part of it…
What does the jump involve?
Technically the jump is called a ‘Tandem Skydive’. It is a Skydive because you will be free-falling through the air (without the parachute deployed) for several thousand feet; it is in Tandem because you will be harnessed to a professional parachute instructor at all times throughout the descent (see photo above). This is the only way you can jump from such an altitude without spending thousands of pounds becoming a free-fall parachutist. This is literally the chance of a lifetime!
Points to remember:
- Support life-saving cancer research happening here in Wales.
- Jump and training completed in one day.
- Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times.
- Jump from at least 10,000 feet – just like the professionals.
- Free-fall down to 5,000 feet – falling through the air at 120 mph!
- Ride the parachute down to the ground – you are taught how to steer onto the drop zone.
- Landing controlled by your instructor.
- Certificate to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
- For a tandem skydive you must be at least 16 years old, and be under the maximum weight restriction. Please note some centres have lower weight limits – please contact us for more details.
For more details please download our brochure, or fill out the enquiry form below and a member of the team will be in touch.